After stowing away tons of plastic shopping bags after grocery store visits only to lug them back to the store's recycling bin, I realized that I didn't need them. Sure you can use a plastic bag to line your bathroom trash bin. But other than that, what is the use? (Well, other than holding your flour as you lay a hash trail.) So I decided to purchase canvas bags. You can fit as many groceries in one canvas bag as you would in 3-4 plastic bags. Plus, if you are like me and live on a third floor apartment it is so much easier to lug everything upstairs in sturdy canvas bags.
I also realized how many plastic sandwich bags I use (since I bring my lunch to work 80% of the time). Where do those little baggies go? And how long does it take for them to break down in a landfill? So I decided to go out and purchase some gladware plastic containers to use instead! Thanks to the many shapes and sizes that they come in these reusable containers can hold your afternoon snack, sandwich, cereal, etc.
And to explain the title of this blog. This is from one of my favorite stand-up comic shows.
1 comment:
way to go cindar!!!! i hate all those plastic bags, too!!
Post a Comment