Saturday Morning...taping the Vintage Vault since I can't get any good radio while at work......eating pizza-pretzel combos and drinking cranberry-blueberry juice.....
I ended up sleeping on the couch last night. Not sure why. I wasn't sick or anything, which is usually the time I camp out on the couch. I made it a point to catch Larry King Live last night since Linda Hamilton, actress from the first and second Terminator movies, was going to be on. My mom had watched (because she loves Larry King) and told me to try and catch it since Linda Hamilton was going to be on discussing her life-long battle with bipolar disorder. / Someone that was very close to me was dealing with things and I told this person that I believed they (and their doctor) might be misdiagnosing bipolar disorder with ADHD. / Linda made some good comments about how people who finally do find help in taking medications stop taking their medicine repeatedly. This is because when people start to feel better (which is during the 'high'/mania of the disorder, when everything is great) people stop taking their meds becuase they think they are better. Then everything starts crashing down again. Linda said that she has accepted the fact that she will probably have to take meds the rest of her life. But she stressed the belief that meds are not the answer. You shouldn't stop there. She believes in complete wellness therapy. This being that you need to take a full approach to your mental illness (which I agree with). You need to excercise, get the right amounts of rest, eat a balanced diet, nurture yourself emotionally by hobbies-counseling-or whatever, and take medication if it is needed. Meds are not the ultimate fix.....and this is where I think that person from my past fell flat. Meds don't make things crystal clear. It's not that easy. You have to take a total approach to getting better and maintaining your mental and/or emotional health. Here's a link.
http://www.completewellnessapproach.com/index.html
And a link if you are not familiar with what bipolar disorder is:
http://www.dbsalliance.org/info/bipolar.html
It will be a year and a half this December since the break-up last June. And why do I still hurt? Watched this odd movie on the Oxygen channel this morning where the two main characters reminded me of he and I way back when. I loved so hard when I finally trusted him..........and now I just don't know if I will find anyone that I will be willing (or feel is worth) me opening my heart to again. I really loved this person while being letdown again and again. And in the time also acting a fool myself. It's funny, when you read the definition of bipolar disorder from the second link above, that is pretty much how my and this guy's relationsip was from the point I first met him on a small beach in Fairhope to the time I drove away from his parents house for the last time last June. I really loved him.......it still hurts to think about it now. Maybe I'll meet the right guy soon, so that I can leave all this hurt behind. And hopefully my ex- will remember how much faith I had in him and know that he really is a good person and deserves to respect himself and have a healthy spirit and life. You were very special to me so I hope you are getting your life together, have gotten/are getting help, and getting out there on your own and doing what makes you happy.
Got a tip on some $10.00 cardigans at the Gap outlet just outside of town. So I'll be jet-setting there today. Ah, the simple things in life. Alright, time for some "getting pretty" time and to head out..... Have a good day everyone.
c
please keep praying for me...thanks
No comments:
Post a Comment