My little Honda Civic, named Sal (Sal Paradise), was beaming on it's drive home tonight. The trunk and backseat filled to the brim with donated goods from hashers at tonight's VH3 running. It's been such an honor this week to be the 'donate wagon' carrying things from co-workers and running buddies to places that can get it to people in need.
This past week has been a tough one. Even those who weren't directly effected by the 4/27/11 tornadoes can feel the weight of it's destruction. I'm overjoyed almost to tears hearing, reading, and seeing the people of Alabama in action taking care of 'their own'. What an amazing thing to see people set aside their egos and lives for the care of others. "There's hope in this world,"...........that's what Sal would say......."don't give up on the people".
1 comment:
Yes it has been tear jerking to see so many people give and sacrifice so others can have! It warms your heart! But something that has saddened me that I have seen as well is the other half of the people that I know that were not affected do nothing. Not even donate! I guess because it didn't personally affect them or someone they know they move on as is nothing ever happened and ignore me when I talk about it! I haven't shared this thought with anyone! Bless those who are willing to step away from their normal life and lend a hand!
Post a Comment