I can hardly believe it but around this time tomorrow night I am going to be standing amongst thousands waiting for U2 to take the stage!!!!!!!! I have been waiting for this day since I was a little girl and listening to their album (at that time 'record') Boy. I didn't want to post this too soon on my blog since I was expecting the big letdown that usually occurs when I get my hopes up.........
I was supposed to have this Monday off from work, just to relax, but my brother in GA called me over the weekend and told me to switch my off-day to tomorrow......... The only time he calls me is when he needs a favor..........but this time it was different. He called to say that as my birthday/Christmas gift he had gotten me a ticket to see U2 in Atlanta on the 18th. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! (this is how I sounded inside) I couldn't believe it. Both of the ATL shows have been sold out since the tickets went on sale. After much debating I decided to call my friend Docia to see if she wanted to go with me. I wanted her to go with me since our attempt to go to the POP tour didn't work out. I had a double ear infection and sinus infection at the time. The doctor told me that if I went, it was so bad that my eardrum(s) would most likely pop (hengh hengh, POP tour...funny). Docia and I listened to U2 all through college.........so she just would have to be there with me screaming, "Bono, we love you!", like silly little Irish girls.
I still can't believe it. I'm so excited........ I will fill you in on the details after this weekend.
AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!
2 comments:
well? well??? how was it? i want to live vicariously through you.
No fare! You are the second friend to see U2 this year! When will it be my turn?! :) I can't wait to hear all about it! I think that is the coolest Christmas gift ever!
RAN
Post a Comment