(listening to random Tooth and Nail, 7-Ball, and Velvet Blue Music compilations to reminisce of yesterday and track down Danielson songs)
Today was a hectic and worrisome day at work. The news of the second American being murdered in Iraq struck me hard. Especially with the message displayed on the flag stating "In the name of God, the Merciful". Would a merciful God really want us murdering people to fulfill threatening bargains? Also, the news of the soon to be rising death toll in Haiti, currently at 1,070. Maybe I'm noticing more now that I'm older, but things are crazy these days. I don't know though. I remember getting these eerie feelings back in college during the phase of demonic prophetic nightmares and the spaceship religious group committing suicide eating poisoned applesauce. I pray for those in need tonight and those who are hurting others. Please help us find peace in all of this.
Work was very difficult not only because the queue of calls all day because someone wouldn't simply send a company wide email............but because my co-workers are extremely vocal (almost yelling) about how they don't care if we're let go any day now. They say they don't "need" this job, God has better things for them, and this job is just an extra check!!!!!! How self-centered. I'm sitting there trying to figure out how to stretch my money living paycheck to paycheck, and they're yapping it up like it's nothing. I'm sure if they continue this (which they have been going on and on about out loud for the whole department to hear) they will just cut our jobs in the next few weeks. It's like I'm being dragged down in their mess and their causing me to possibly lose my job early. I just sit and keep to myself when they get started. I am so afraid of losing my job earlier than expected and not knowing what to do. / Times like these are when I get really upset with certain people just quitting their jobs out of nowhere, living with family or friends, and then there's me always trying to take care of myself. I get so tired of trying to make it.........but I must be thankful. There are people without anything or anyone. Please help me on this one God. What will I do if I lose my job in the next few weeks???
On a Cindar good note: the first installment of America's Next Top Model played tonight. Joy of joys. I love this show. I guess it's that girly wishful dreaming of modeling dancing in my head. Plus I was able to catch the second part to the CS Lewis/Sigmund Freud Conversations on God that played on PBS tonight. Very interesting and it was great to hear some discussion by a panel of scientists, theologians, atheists, jungians, professors, etc. I miss that stuff......
2 comments:
We are addicted to Top Model, too!!!!!! We missed it last night because I always get confused when they tell me the time in EST. I thought it started at 9 instead of 7. :( We did record Lewis/Freud, though, and are eagerly anticipating viewing it tonight. I am glad you were able to catch it!
formerlyRAE
Never fear, reruns are here! They are replaying the first episode of Top Model tomorrow night at 8 pm central/9 pm eastern. I am so obsessed with this show. The first season got me through my break-up with someone and gave my room-mate and I a reason to bond in front of the tv. The second season was awesome because I thought that Yoanna was the coolest. The girls at work (plus my former room-mate) tried to get me to sign up for the show that's airing now. But ofcourse I didn't think I could do something like that. / The age cutoff is age 27 when you apply for the show. I'll be 28 in December. With the job thing the way it is, I wonder if I should have done it...... Ha! I'm such a dork. I just think it would be cool to do. Such a girl......
Post a Comment